Share this job post with your network
Do you have experience working as Anesthesia Consultant and your certificate can be recognized by the SCHS? If yes, APPLY NOW!
About the Company:
Our Client is a 406-bedded teaching hospital, accredited by JCIA and CBHAI. Presently there are centers of excellence in women's health, pediatric and adolescent health, including a Child Development Center specializing in autism and attention disorders. There is also provision of integrated services in internal medicine, psychiatry, orthopedic, urology, colorectal, breast, bariatric, plastic and endocrine surgery, orchidology, ophthalmology, dental and maxillofacial surgery.
About the Job:
Exercise the highest possible standard of patient care according to the clinical privileges and available resources. Participate in the training and teaching program of the hospital. Diagnoses and treats diseases within his/her area of expertise and function. Manages medical resources for which he/she is responsible. Manages and educates junior staff in Anesthesiology & OR. He/ She holds the responsibilities of the recovery room at all times.
- Ensures through his/her actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the hospital.
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the Anesthesiology & OR.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible).
- Carries out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the Chairman of Anesthesiology & OR in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Administers and supervises anesthesia for major/specialized operations or high risk patients, including: Pediatric operations, Cardio-pulmonary operations, Neurosurgery operations, Transplant operations.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the Anesthesiology & OR.
- Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the Chairman of anesthesiology & OR in planning a program of career development for trainees.
- Participates in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
- Deputies for his/her superior as required and shares workload in his/her specialty during the absence of his/her colleagues.
- Strives to improve his/her clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the forward planning, and further development of the Anesthesiology & OR.
- Examines patient for pre-operative assessment.
- Provides support inside the operating room throughout the operation.
- Provides post-anesthesia care in the recovery room.
- Refers patients to other specialized physicians when there is a need for additional treatment.
- Participates in the management of the Anesthesiology & OR when appropriate.
- Motivates departmental staff by effectively leading, directing and motivating employees to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Conducts performance evaluation sessions to review employee work performance when appropriate.
- Conducts disciplinary meetings when appropriate. Reviews, screens and selects employees for vacant positions within the Anesthesiology & OR.
- Provide patient/family education that is related to health learning needs.
- Participating in general undergraduate and post-graduate teaching activities, based on related rules and regulations describing staff rights and responsibilities.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the Hospital.
- Respects patients and their families to promote a patient-centered care culture.
- Provide clear understandable information to patients that related to anesthesia & health.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement and patient safety activities as an individual or as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Board/Fellowship Certificate by appropriate specialty recognized by SCHS or Current SCHS Registration/License or Consultant rank.
Are you the one we are looking for ?
Are you the one we are looking for ?